Exhaust System Repair in Phoenix AZ
When you’re searching for a shop in Phoenix, AZ, that can fix exhausts on any type of vehicle, look to the team from Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum for help. We have a professionally trained crew of mechanics who are known for performing high-quality work.
Detection is a huge part of effective repairs. We can uncover any issues that are causing your car to malfunction with top-quality diagnostic equipment. This often leads us to the exhaust system, and when it does, we can pinpoint the exact location of the leak, damage, or loosened part.
Once the problem is accurately located, we can provide the next step: reliable repair options!
Arizona state law requires that certain vehicles have emissions testing and that they are within the legal limits of allowed emissions. Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum can supply you with the information you need about which cars and trucks need to be tested and whether or not drivers are within those parameters.
If you’d like to avoid a costly and unnecessary fine, let us get your vehicle up to standard!
Auto emissions are a big deal for more reason than one. Not only will staying within recommended emissions levels keep you protected from a ticket, but it will also make you more eco-friendly when you’re on the road. No matter where you travel, you’ll be doing your part for the environment and keeping your loved ones safe.
Phoenix Exhaust Repair and More!
Phoenix drivers choose Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum most often because we’re fast, affordable, and effective. Being well-known in a major metropolis like Phoenix is a pretty big deal, but you want to trust that your exhaust repair shop is known for good reviews, not bad ones!
Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum maintains a reputation for all of the following:
- Offering accurate estimates
Our inspections come with a complimentary estimate that you can use to make decisions about your vehicle services. When Chelsee’s writes an estimate, it includes taxes, labor and parts. We try to get as close to the actual repair cost as possible so there are no unpleasant surprises when the work is complete.
We may offer the lowest price, but other times our services may cost more than the other guys. The price you pay covers parts, labor, and peace of mind that the repairs are done right. And as you probably know, that’s worth more than a few dollars! Give Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum a chance to be your Phoenix exhaust system specialist, and you won’t be disappointed in the value of our service!
- Providing excellent customer service
A Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum customer is considered family! We love Phoenix drivers. These people have kept us in business for a very long time, and their consistent support is exactly what we will need to carry us through many more generations of superb service!
Customer care is more than just a buzz word at Chelsee’s… It’s at the heart of everything we do. Thorough inspections, reliable repairs, and the most personable team around – you won’t find all that at just any Phoenix auto garage, so make sure to choose wisely the first time around!
- Employing knowledgeable team members
Everything we do begins with great people. From the front desk to the service bays, there are compassionate people who understand the value of dependable car care. That’s the difference in an auto repair garage that is out to make money and one that is interested in long-term service!
When you choose Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum, you will get much more than standard repairs. Our team goes the extra mile with pre- and post-repair inspections to make sure that the repairs we suggest are 100% necessary, and when they’re finished they are done right.
Choosing us is a decision you can rest easy in. We take care of customers with industry-leading standards not imposed by some governing body, but by our owners and by team members themselves!
When a company strives this hard to give each customer a positive experience, you can’t go wrong.
At Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum, we’re proud to serve customers from Phoenix Glendale, and all the surrounding suburbs of Phoenix. We’ll fix exhausts correctly the first time so you can have peace of mind when you drop your car off with us. We’ll treat it – and you – with a high level of respect because that’s what a good job looks like to us!
What Does a Properly Functioning Exhaust System Look Like?
The exhaust system is a part of your vehicle that should function up to par for the benefit of you, the vehicle itself, and everyone around you. When it has a leak, the dangerous exhaust from your engine is released into the air or back into the cabin of the car, which can be deadly if the problem is severe enough.
Your exhaust system should do four things:
- Minimize engine noise
- Push exhaust fumes away from the vehicle
- Improve engine performance
- Maximize fuel consumption
A decrease or deficiency in any of these areas may indicate an exhaust system issue. The strong odor of fuel, for example, may mean that the catalytic converter isn’t doing its job. Or, you might hear a deep rumbling that wasn’t there before if the muffler rusts to the point that a hole forms. The signs your vehicle gives you might be more subtle, though. Filling up more often is a sign that your engine isn’t using fuel as efficiently.
Any of these things can be affected independently, or they can happen at the same time, which is, of course, much easier for drivers to notice!
While each make and model may have different amounts and types of valves and a unique layout, they all function in the same manner:
- When the engine processes fuel, it emits gases. Some of them are harmful, while some are not.
- These gases are collected by the exhaust manifold. This funnel-like component of the exhaust system pulls gases from all the cylinders and directs them into one pipe.
- This pipe leads to the catalytic converter where the carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide and nitrogen monoxide – the toxic gases – are vaporized to reduce their harmful potential.
- Finally, the fumes travel through the muffler and tail pipe. The muffler is responsible for quieting the noise produced by the engine, and the tail pipe drives gases away from the vehicle and away from the passengers inside.
This system, albeit simple, is very important for your safety. It’s also crucial in the noise level of your vehicle. It’s pretty easy to identify an exhaust leak, mainly because of the new noise your vehicle will produce. Some drivers report a rumbling sound, while others say it sounds like a box of rocks turning over under their vehicle.
In some cases, the noise or fumes produced by a faulty exhaust system will be more noticeable upon ignition, while other exhaust problems make these symptoms show up when your vehicle is idling. If you notice anything unusual – whether it’s a new odor or a rumbling sound – do yourself a favor and call Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum right away for an exhaust system check!
The major parts of your exhaust system will need repairs from time to time. No car, truck, or SUV is exempt from parts replacements and minor repairs from time to time. Inexpensive repairs done a little at a time can save you a major service in years to come. We always recommend an exhaust system examination as part of a complete car care plan.
The components of an automobile exhaust system include all of the following:
- Cylinder head – The cylinder head is technically part of the engine, but problems with it will cause the exhaust system to function less effectively. The cylinder head should have a firm connection and be free of cracks and holes. The cylinder head should be properly sealed as well.
- Manifold – Attached to the cylinder head, this component directs all the toxic gases to one place where they can be somewhat diffused. Exhaust manifold leaks are a common problem, and they can lead to burned valves, higher fuel consumption and reduced performance.
- Catalytic converter – The catalytic converter is an expensive part to replace. High levels of … can cause the catalytic converter to become clogged or cause the inner material (ceramic-coated metal catalysts) to break. Catalytic converter replacement is more common than repair.
- Muffler (aka silencer) – Even a small hole in the muffler will cause lots of noise! Corrosion is the main enemy of the muffler, but the replacement process is simple with help from a pro like Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum!
- Tail pipe – The tail pipe can get blocked by pests or dirt. We can professionally clean it out for you if the vehicle has been sitting for a while. Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum can also replace the tailpipe if it has been damaged.
- Oxygen sensors – O2 sensors tell the on-board diagnostic system how much oxygen is being mixed with your fuel. The amount of oxygen being used determines performance and fuel usage. We can make sure these sensors are working correctly so that you always know if your engine is burning ‘rich’ or ‘lean.’
There is also a network of clamps, gaskets, joints, and hangers connecting the pipes and ot! her parts of your exhaust system. Any one of these things can be the cause of an exhaust leak, and that can be hard to detect! Luckily, you have a Phoenix mechanic that’s ready for anything!
Our Exhaust System Repair Services
Cost is a major factor for many drivers, no matter how ‘necessary’ the auto garage says the repair is. At Chelsee’s, we understand, and we do everything we can to make exhaust system repair more affordable, because it really is a repair that should be handled promptly rather than putting it off.
To answer the most basic question, “How much does exhaust repair cost?” there are many considerations, but to give you a general idea, here are some guidelines:
- A new muffler is only about $100, so if that’s the problem, you get off pretty lucky!
- More extensive exhaust system repairs could run you $1,500 or more.
That’s a substantial chunk of change for a repair, and when the dependability of your vehicle depends on it, you need guarantees! One of the great things about choosing Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum is that we offer a warranty on all repairs!
We can do any of the following repairs or parts replacements to restore the function of your exhaust system:
- Reconnect pipes and tubes
- Catalytic converter repairs or replacement
- Muffler replacement
- … many more!
An exhaust system leak is a sure sign that you need repairs. The fluid you see coming out of the exhaust system is water, or, more accurately, condensation from the process of fuel combustion. It’s natural to see some condensation, but if you are seeing a significant amount and it doesn’t stop dripping even after the engine and exhaust systems are both equally warmed up, then you probably need to give us a call, just to get your exhaust system thoroughly checked out. We can tell you what’s normal and what constitutes a repair.
With exhaust system repair services, as with everything else we offer, you have access to flexible appointment availability throughout the week, or we’ll accommodate your unique scheduling requirements.
You can trust us to be punctual for our appointments, and we’ll work efficiently on your car so that you can it back in a timely manner. We strive to exceed the expectations of our customers with everything we do!
To learn more, give our shop a call today for the highest quality engine repair Phoenix relies on. Chelsee looks forward to hearing from you! Click (602) 242-1253