One of the essential parts of the motorhome is a bathroom Class A motorhomes have a complete bath and shower facilities. Some have a washer and dryer. Class B also has a compact bathroom.
If you need 5-Star motorhome repair Phoenix, call us now for a FREE check-up:
The Motorhome bathroom work in a similar way to bathrooms in our homes. Motorhome bathrooms have their own sewer system which drains into holding tank located underneath the vehicle. The sink and shower drain into holding tank separate from the toilet drain. When the holding tank is full, the vehicle should be driven to a dump station to empty the tank. Treatment is added to the tank through the sinks.
The bathroom holding tank is known as grey water tank while the toilet holding tank is known as the black water tank. The black water tanks should be emptied before the grey water tank. This helps to clean the sewer hoses. To empty the holding tanks, you simply hook one end of the sewer hose to the sewer connection outside the vehicle. The other end of the sewer hose is connected to the station’s sewer connection.
Most people do not bother to try bathrooms when they get the motorhome from the dealership. Afterwards, you may need to remodel your bathroom — some of the things you need to consider include.
- Width of the shower – Spend some time trying different shower stalls to determine what width suit you and your family. It should offer your room to turn comfortably.
- Bathrooms sink – The sink location should be well designed so that you do not have to contort your body when bathing or brushing.
- Shower door and floor – Wet bathrooms can leak after using the bathroom. Flowing water is a hazard to the motorhome. Vinyl coated paneling floors will do a pretty much better job you should also replace the shower curtain with a shower door. Otherwise, you will end up with water all over the floor and making a mess.
- The shower head should well installed high enough such that the water hit spray hits your face. It should not be too high that it sprays water to the curtain or the door. When refurbishing your bathroom modernize the door and add insulation to the bathroom.
- If you need to have a clean bathroom and enjoy your while at it, you should consider having a 10-gallon water heater. With this sizeable tank, you can have your tank water running continuously.
When purchasing a motorhome take your time and check how solid the shower floor is. A poorly designed bathroom will certainly ruin your RVing experience. Make sure your bathroom is well built and you won’t regret it.
Read more about motorhomes: