Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum is the home of auto suspension repair Phoenix can trust for the life of their vehicles!
If you are a Phoenix or Glendale driver and your vehicle needs an auto suspension adjustment or repair performed, bringing it to Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum can provide you with the peace of mind that everything will be done correctly and efficiently. Our highly skilled team of mechanics uses professional tools and has high-quality parts on hand to make most repairs on the day you bring your vehicle in!
We can handle jobs of any size or scope, and we’ll make sure that your car is driving smoothly when we’re done. There’s nothing like having trusted professionals in the auto business who will treat you like family every time you walk through the door!
The Purpose of a Suspension System
Your suspension is a large system within your vehicle, but it has a simple purpose: to keep the car riding smoothly and protect it from harsh road conditions.
Here are a few of the specific things that your suspension does:
First of all, a properly functioning suspension will make the ride smoother by absorbing the shock from bumps, potholes, and uneven driving surfaces. Simply being more comfortable while you drive is an excellent reason in itself to take care of your car’s struts, shocks, and springs. If the suspension starts to go bad for any reason, you will certainly feel it. And you’ll probably hear it, too! Squeaks and other noises are your car’s way of letting you know that something is wrong, so listen up!
Also, the suspension system makes steering and stopping easier and more responsive. You shouldn’t have to stand up on the breaks to get your car to stop. Knowing that the brakes will respond even with a slight touch gives any driver peace of mind, and turning your vehicle without risking a rollover is certainly a priority! These things not only make your vehicle harder to drive, but they are also dangers to you and other drivers on the road.
A final purpose of the suspension system is to provide support to the vehicle between the tires and the body. This will protect your vehicle from harsh wear and tear and needless repairs because of everyday driving conditions. The tires and wheels, as well as many other parts of your vehicle, will need to be replaced in time, but you can extend the life of many of these parts by keeping your suspension in check. When the struts and shocks are absorbing small impacts like they should, you are saving yourself time and money from untimely repairs.
What Can Cause Suspension Problems?
Many situations can cause your suspension to go bad. You may hear someone say they have a ‘broken suspension.’ While it’s true that certain parts of the suspension system can break, others just get worn out. Barring a major accident, we would be hesitant to say your suspension was broken.
Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum can easily repair your suspension issues caused by any of the following situations. Exposure to just one of these things can make your vehicle susceptible to suspension damage and put you in immediate need of our services!
Suspension issues can be the result of any of the following:
- Rough roads – Driving on bumpy or pothole-filled roads will damage your suspension quickly. In fact, this is the most common reason for suspension problems in Phoenix AZ and many other cities like it. You can go slow and avoid the bumps as much as possible, but it’s only a matter of time before they cause you problems.
- An accident – An accident of any severity can damage your suspension system, so be sure to have it looked at even if you only had a fender bender. Even hitting a curb or backing into a parked car can affect your suspension (as well as the alignment), so it’s worth a quick look by a trained professional!
- Road salt – Although Phoenix doesn’t see substantial snowfall from year to year, it can happen! And if you have recently been on a road trip to a city where road salt was used, you may not be aware of the damage it can do to the undercarriage of your vehicle. Chelsee’s team can determine if road salt has caused problems with your suspension system and take care of the issue for you!
- Age – At a certain age, we all begin to break down – and so do our cars! Your vehicle will need replacement parts and other work no matter how well you care for it. It’s inevitable! So don’t ignore your vehicle’s signals that the suspension has seen better days! Let us do an inspection and replace any parts that are have seen better days.
- Lack of lubrication – The moving parts within your suspension system need a lot of lubrication. If you’re a bit of a shade tree mechanic, you might know how to grease the joints so you don’t hear all that squeaking and grinding, but if you’re a novice when it comes to auto mechanics, you can let this problem go on far too long and cause much bigger issues!
Symptoms of Suspension Issues
When the suspension in your vehicle begins to wear down, it will give you some signs that it’s in need of some TLC. If you notice any of the following symptoms, it could be related to the suspension system. Get to Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum soon so we can address the issue and prevent further damage!
All of the following problems could trace back to your suspension. Of course, there are other reasons for these symptoms, so we never jump to conclusions. Instead, we’ll perform a complete inspection to determine the true cause of the issue.
You’ll get a full report, including an estimate of the repair costs, before we begin your suspension repairs.
- Steering wheel shakes – The suspension system includes your steering wheel and many other connected components. If the shaking is happening when you accelerate or are driving at a consistent speed, the suspension may be at the root of this problem versus, for example, shaking when you are applying the brakes.
- Uneven tire wear – Worn out shock absorbers could be to blame for your cupped tires. Once the tires are worn unevenly, there’s no way you’ll ever get a smooth ride from them again, so the tires will need to be replaced in addition to suspension repair that needs to be done. Save yourself the money and hassle of doing both by letting Chelsee’s pros take a look at that suspension today!
- Suspension dragging – The purpose of your vehicle’s suspension system is to increase friction between the tires and the road, making for a smoother ride. If the suspension is damaged or if you have lowered the vehicle as a customization, a part of the suspension could easily come loose and drag the ground. When this happens, you’ll definitely hear it, plus the suspension will sustain even more damage, especially on bumpy or uneven roads.
- Shimmying – If parts or bearings within your suspension become loose with normal wear or after an accident, you may feel some shimmying or vibration. Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum will check several possible sources if you report shaking or shimmying, including the suspension. A sure sign that the suspension is to blame is when the shaking happens when you are driving over rough roads or when you change speeds.
- Pulling – When you feel the vehicle pull or ‘drift’ when you turn, it probably means that the shocks are no longer doing their job. Shocks should keep the vehicle stable during turns and reduce the risk of your vehicle flipping over. We can determine if your vehicle is pulling because of a suspension issue or for some other reason, such as a misalignment or uneven tire wear.
Your Suspension System’s Components
Literally hundreds of individual parts make up a vehicle’s suspension system, and any of them could be the cause of driving issues and unusual noises. We’ll review the most common suspension parts that can go bad, get broken, or become misaligned, but be aware that there are many more!
A professional team like Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum can get to the bottom of your suspension issues and make all the necessary replacements or repairs. Don’t trust just anyone to make such crucial repairs!
The areas we’ll check include all of the following:
- Wheels and Tires
If there’s a problem in your vehicle’s suspension, we’ll find it!
The steering system is considered part of the suspension system, but it has enough working parts that we can consider it a sub-section here. A steering system issue can be directly related to the suspension system, or it can be a problem all on its own. The first thing Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum does is to determine what type of steering system your vehicle has.
All vehicles have some type of steering system, either hydraulic or electric.
Hydraulic Power Steering
A hydraulic power steering system can get clogged or experience leaks because it uses fluid to operate. There are hoses and connections in a hydraulic power steering system to be considered when you have steering problems – problems which may or may not be related back to the suspension. This type of steering system uses power from the engine, and some drivers swear by their hydraulic power steering system for ultimate handling capabilities.
Electric Power Steering
Cars with and EPS have no pumps or pistons, so they are generally regarded as simpler, with less maintenance and fewer parts. An electric power steering system also adds less overall weight in the car. It’s a matter of opinion which system actually handles better, but it’s definitely worth looking into both if you are in the market for a new vehicle!
Affordable Rates for Auto Suspension Repair Phoenix Drivers Need
We want you to have access to our services when you need them, so we aim to keep our prices as low as possible without reducing the quality of our results. We’re open and honest with our costs for labor, and we’ll work with your budget. Our goal is to earn your trust so that you return to our shop for any future work that your car needs done.
Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum knows that suspension work sounds pricy and can intimidate drivers who know little to nothing about what’s going on under the hood of their vehicle. However, we will gladly help drivers weigh the cost of suspension repairs with the major expenses they could incur if the suspension issues aren’t taken care of in a timely manner.
Ignoring suspension issues could lead to any number of things:
- Ruined tires and wheels
- Brake failure
- Difficulty turning
- Worse suspension damage
All of these issues will cost more to fix and put you and your passengers at far greater risk. Although we know how hard it is to let go of your hard earned money, it’s a lot smarter and safer to go ahead and have those suspension problems repaired ASAP, before major problems arise!
Auto Suspension Repair Phoenix
Our car suspension shop Phoenix can handle any type of auto suspension repair job that you have. We’re known for getting jobs done efficiently and competently. Giving Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum the opportunity to work on your vehicle’s suspension repair is not only our honor, but it’s also a guarantee that your vehicle will be taken care of by the best in the state!
Auto suspension repair Phoenix drivers can depend on is one of our specialties, and we’re ready to make a believer out of you, too!
Contact Chelsee’s AC & Brake Emporeum today. Chelsee looks forward to hearing from you! Click (602) 242-1253